Monitors, controls, and isolates problems in a data communications network. Monitors all network activity. Activates/deactivates network lines according to established schedules. Performs first- and/or second-level problem determination (first level is help desk). Interfaces with users and/or network vendors. Responsible providing technical support for LAN/WAN or for a section of a larger network. May perform installation, modification and testing of network.
High school and 4 years' expereince.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Familiarity with concepts and best practices of Network Security
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on accurate and succinct documentation of all work performed for ticketing purposes and collaborating with team members.
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications a PLUS (Net+ acceptable)
- CCNA Security/SEC+ qualifications a PLUS