SAIC is hiring a Senior Software Engineer in Stennis Space Center, MS.
In support of the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Integrated Technical Services (HITS) task order contract, Team SAIC provides program management and technical support necessary to advance the services, capabilities, infrastructure, and technologies in the HPCMP, Department of Defense (DoD) Supercomputing Resource Centers (DSRC) supercomputing centers. Team SAIC is looking for a Software Engineer who will assist the user community and HPCMP with the effective and efficient utilization of HPC assets. The successful candidate will work along the side of leading HPC staff and researchers working to solve DoD’s most critical mission challenges.
- The successful candidate will perform installation, testing and support for COTS, GOTS, and open source software on high performance computing platforms as well as local infrastructure systems (when applicable) for the Navy DSRC located at Stennis Space Center, MS.
- The candidate will provide hands-on support and administration of Workload Management Batch Job Schedulers such as Altair PBS Pro, SchedMD SLURM, with a potential to expand to other products. Successful candidate must be able to correctly forecast and express resource limitations and provide recommendations for increasing the efficiency of our resources through proper scheduling and load balancing techniques.
- This position may need to provide after-hours support and respond to emergency situations and resolve problems.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Responsible for the successful design, support, and integration of HPC clusters (computation, storage and infrastructure), software, scheduling, and research applications in order to meet the computational needs of DoD scientists.
- Successful candidate will participate in the installation, integration, acceptance testing, and on-going maintenance of our HPC systems and software environment.
- Specific daily tasks include;
- Installing, upgrading, and supporting Batch Job Schedulers
- Maintain and/or develop software code that is used to report Job Accounting on HPC systems to the HPCMP.
- Providing customer support in the use of assigned software
Education and Experience:
- High School and 9 years or more experience; OR Associate's degree and 7 years or more experience; OR Bachelors and 5 years or more experience; OR Masters and 3 years or more experience; OR PhD or JD and 0 years or more experience;
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate. Must also have the ability to upgrade to the Top Secret clearance. .
- CompTIA Security+CE Certification required and must be obtained within 3 months of employment.
- 8570 Certification such as CompTIA Linux+ required and must be obtained within 3 months of employment.
- Experience working in complex HPC cluster architectures and storage implementations.
- Experience with compiling, installing, and porting software
- Possess thorough knowledge of HPC job scheduling concepts and applications, especially with scheduling products from Altair (PBSPro) and SchedMD SLURM.
- Experience working knowledge of scientific programming applications in an HPC environment.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with a highly skilled technical HPC support staff and users, internal staff, and management.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team, and leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Works under only general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to develop or write software code and/or scripts utilizing languages such as Python, Perl, Shell, C/C++, Fortan, Java Script, PHP, etc.
- Experience installing and maintaining COTS/GOTS, and open source software