SAIC has a new opportunity for Systems Integration Engineers at various experience levels to provide System Integration services for an exciting and innovative complex space and ground effort. The Systems Integration Engineer must possess demonstrated system engineering and integration skills to bring major space systems and associated ground elements from concept to an operational enterprise.
TEAM MEMBER POSITIONS:
- Provide Systems Integration and Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Provide definition, leadership and execution of Integration, Verification and Validation of end to end system from design through operations.
- Evaluate and implement concept designs and Integration strategies
- Support multiple development and government teams by gathering and analyzing data necessary to generate schedules and ensure integration alignment with the larger enterprise
- Accomplish the activities necessary to enable the integration, test, and delivery of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Lead and participate in verification and validation activities and troubleshooting complex technical and non-technical problems/devices throughout the system lifecycle.
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership
Systems Integration Expert
Space Systems Integrator
Ground Systems Integrator
Typical Education & Experience: Bahelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current TS clearance with ability and willingness to upgrade
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering science discipline or related technical field or 4 years' experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
- Experience leading combined hardware and software integration activities
- Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts
- Experience implement agile software development techniques
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
- Prior experience for acquisition activities related to requirements development and assessment, technical evaluations of proposals, and ECP development
- Software project management: experience with software development, verification, validation, and O&M for large systems
- Prior ground experience in a satellite program office
- Domain knowledge in networks and interface connectivity, cloud hosting, and enterprise management
- Experience in hardware integration activities for a space ground element
- Professional Certification in Program/Project Management or Systems Engineering related discipline (e.g., PMP, CSEP/ESEP, SAFe, Scrum, etc.)