SAIC is looking for a Sr Systems Engineer – System Architect in San Diego, CA. The candidate will assist developing System of System Architecture, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) and developing system engineering and acquisition documentation for Programs of Record within the Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I). Job duties and responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Provide technical and acquisition assistance for Programs of Record.
- Schedule and attend system engineering meetings and conferences.
- Support the development and review of engineering and acquisition documentation while adhering to government guidance for strategy, planning and implementation
- Provide support that follows industry standards, integration policies, documentation.
- Work proficiently on complex technical problems and seek solutions for consideration.
- Use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Systems Engineering and Integration solutions for use on individual programs and throughout the corporation.
- Engage with the larger community (Industry, Government, and Academia) to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our SEI capabilities.
- Work to define system integration onto manned and unmanned vehicles; specifically system interoperability requirements. This will require refinement of system architecture(s) to meet operability needs on manned and unmanned vessels.
- Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices, fleet experience and acquisition feasibility.
- Understanding of PEO C4I / NAVWAR organization structure, programs of records and mission focus. Familiarity of PoR, DOD, U.S. Navy acquisition documents. Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 12 years or more experience; Masters and 10 years or more experience ; PhD or JD and 7 years or more experience. Active TS/SCI.
- Magic Draw or other architecture modeling application experience modeling complex systems or system of systems
- Understanding and experience developing DODAF views
- MBSE experience, development of MBSE models to document system of system architecture
- Ability to operate both independently and without direct supervision and in a collaborative environment
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Experience with operational Navy ISR systems
- Interface management and data modeling
- Experience with JCIDS and DODAF
- DAU DOD Acquisition 101 certified
- Understanding of modeling languages (UML, SysML, UPDM, etc.)
- Understanding PEO C4I, NAVWAR, US Navy C4I systems and prior military (Navy) experience