Defines discrete systems with processes to link together complex systems and components with software applications to perform as a coordinated whole. Has a broad range of skills and a breadth of knowledge in several IT disciplines including systems and enterprise architecture, software and hardware engineering, interface protocols, and general problem solving skills. May include analysis of transition planning, intelligence formation requirements, and may develop architecture baselines. Assists with and leads development of integration and migration plans/schedules. Acts as an advocate for internal and external clients as the ultimate authority on the architecture design to address client business problems. Supports business process improvements or systems analysis for missions, systems, and fiscal requirements.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
-Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience. Four addtional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position
- Outstanding knowledge of Network monitoring/security tools, configuration and change management tools, and other Cisco tools
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Familiarity with concepts and best practices of Network Security
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are a PLUS (Net+ acceptable)
- CCNA Security/SEC+ qualifications are a PLUS