SAIC is currently seeking a Corporate BD Power BI Analyst to join the Strategic Business Development team within the Strategy and Growth Innovation business unit. This role will help drive corporate business development growth through analytics. This is an exciting experience to help define and share approaches using analytics to pinpoint growth potential and support leadership define competitive and market entry strategies.
The Corporate BD Power BI Analyst will be responsible for the full lifecycle from data to insights: understand corporate business development data, interact with key stakeholders and corporate executives to collect visualization requirements, and build models and visualizations that can provide valuable insights into corporate pipeline and business development performance data. This role will be responsible for understanding corporate pipeline, sales, and performance data, and then designing visualizations and analytics that provide insight into the meaning of the data for business executives.
- Develop insightful dashboards with complex data, query data and create reports in Power BI
- Connect to data sources, importing data and transforming data for business intelligence
- Support cross-functional teams that develop and execute the business strategy in support of strategic goals
- Design and produce visualizations over defined periods of time and also in real time in order to support urgent requests from stakeholders
- Collaborate and share your individual subject matter expertise and be a liaison to our business units
- Efficiently handle large sets of data and be able to confidently process them into creative visualizations that provide useful insights for the business and answer business questions
- Design, creation, deployment, and management of the organizational data structure, translating business needs into mission appropriate long-term data architecture solutions
- Present dashboards on business reporting at daily stand-ups
- Ability to assess functional and technical gaps in designs
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- 1-3 years of advanced experience with Power BI tool (fluent in most of the features)
- Able to collect intent and business information needs from stakeholders and translate them into insightful visualizations
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years of experience in business analysis or related field
- Data driven/quantitative individual
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI and Access skills
- Hands on experience in data preparation
- Self-starter and go-getter attitude
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Able to work in cross functional teams
- Tableau experience
- Microsoft Power BI Certification
- Experience working with agile/scrum teams
- Proficiency in one or more languages such as: SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc.
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.