SAIC has a new opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer in Omaha, NE providing software and technical advisory support to the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) Mission Assurance Division and the Defense Critical Infrastructure Program (DCIP). The successful applicant will provide solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging classified work. Solutions must be imaginative, innovative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with USSTRATCOM’s objectives. Additionally, the successful applicant must have the ability to work proactively, independently, and as a member of a highly effective technical team while developing innovative solutions. Qualified candidates must be currently eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of the Strategic Mission Assurance Data System (SMADS) web application which is used by Armed Services, Combatant Commands, DoD Agencies and other organizations to manage Mission Assurance-related assets of importance
- Refine SMADS requirements through elicitation, analysis, and documentation
- Development/maintenance of capabilities interacting with ArcGIS to display information on SMADS maps
- Component and system test planning, verification, and validation
- Troubleshooting/resolution of operational issues affecting SMADS
- Provide customer and end user situational awareness through development of status presentations and demonstrations
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in computer science or engineering. Relevant experience or certification may qualify in lieu of a degree.
- At a minimum 5 years of prior software development / coding experience
- TS/SCI eligible
- Experience with Human Factors Engineering (HFE) and Graphic User Interface/Experience (GUI/E) Design
- Experience with software configuration management tools (SubVersion, Git, etc.)