Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients. Responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract. Responsibilities may include developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements, and monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. Will consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position
- Strong analytical, detail oriented, quantitative, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently as well as effectively establish solid working relationships with management and functional departments.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- PMP, ITIL certifications preferred