The Systems Engineer Principal (Security Vulnerability Management) position applies extensive technical expertise in the field of Cybersecurity. Activities include, but are not limited to, design, test, and implement secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions. This is a Leadership position that is dedicated to transforming and maintaining customer environments as secure operating arenas.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
- Conducts threat modeling exercises.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
Required Education, Experience, & Qualifications
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Will consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate information security and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non- technical audiences
- Experience managing Risks related to Patching and Vulnerability Management across multiple technologies and processes
- Be a cybersecurity leader, and provide mentorship for less experienced cybersecurity practitioners
- Possess security certification preferred, such as (CISM, CISSP, CSSP Incident Responder Certification, Security+)