The Mainframe Solutions Architect serves as the technical lead for executing the relevant activities within the solutioning process in support of Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams. Responsible for identifying, tailoring and integrating technical capabilities and innovations to address customer needs, hot buttons, pain points and requirements to help shape acquisitions, competitively position SAIC and contribute to winning proposals. Leveraging domain expertise, the Solutions Architect develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete and highest rated technical solution and price competitive proposal. Solutions Architect identifies technical resource needs to support Pre-B&P and B&P activities; coordinates with team member technical leadership and technical contributors on solution development, proposal writing, and estimating; and leads and contributes to proposal as author and reviewer. Solution Architect supports capture with customer meetings by presenting SAIC's capabilities, services and solutions; participates in development of solutions to problems of unusually complex which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation; and collaborates with technical business units to craft unique solutions to respond to customer challenges that may also serve precedent for future opportunities and decisions.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Extensive proposal experience leading or supporting technical solution development
- Extensive knowledge and experience on IBM mainframe platform, both software and hardware
- Large scale and high volume DB2 databases on IBM zOS. DB design, query optimization, performance tuning, and trouble-shooting
- Sysplex, IBM coupling technology, and IO channel optimization. DASD storage, and virtual tape management and optimization
- IBM CICS and batch COBOL/ALC applications production operations and trouble-shooting
- IBM zOS based files (e.g. VSAM and QSAM)
- COTS software to access IBM based legacy files and applications such as zOS Connect and WebMethod
- Large scale COTS product on IBM such as content management and identity/access management systems
- Experience on leading IBM mainframe based applications modernization (COBOL and ALC), and Cloud migration
- Knowledge and experience with different approach to modernize IBM based legacy applications modernization, such as containerization, direct code translation, re-design/architecture, and so on
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience supporting Civilian/Federal Agencies or the DoD
- Understanding of technology methodologies, best practices, delivery models or frameworks relevant to individuals domain area expertise
- Demonstrated leadership capability to organize and lead teams
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen (15) years or more experience
- Telework with ability to travel to Reston, VA or other locations as needed in support of customer engagements, solution development and proposal efforts.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.