The Software Engineer (Cyber) will provide support to the Aircraft Launch and Recovery Equipment (ALRE) programs at NAVAIR Lakehurst, NJ. The Software Engineer will
- Develop software and executing software test cases and procedures.
- Develop test scenarios for non-obvious testing of software
- Use automated testing tools for software development and testing.
- Develop software test plan documents.
- Document software test execution results and compiling test reports.
- Plan and execute software regression testing.
- Develop and maintaining software requirements traceability matrices.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience performing the software development and testing functions listed above. It is preferred that at least 1 year of this experience be on DoD systems
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field is required
- Comptia Security+ certification (or the ability to obtain this certification within 3 months of hire)
- Comptia Windows or Linux certification (or the ability to obtain this certification within 3 months or hire)
- Must have an Interim Secret clearance prior to start date with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience with DoD and DoN Cyber Security policies and standards.
- Experience with implementation and assessment of system/software risk and Cyber vulnerabilities through the Risk Management Framework
- Develop Cyber Security/Information Assurance strategies.
- Define connectivity and interface requirements in compliance with Cyber Security/Information Assurance strategies and Policy
- Must have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experienced in the development of software and software test plans/cases/procedures.
- Strong analytical skills in software development, troubleshooting, software testing methods and techniques, with a focus on test automation.
- Familiarity with the planning and execution of functional and integration test scripts.
- Experienced with architecting and developing system testing, configuration testing integration and deployment of Windows, and Linux platforms in complex network configurations.
- Experienced in software development using Java, C++, C#, HTML, and or similar development languages.
- Experienced in the recording of test results and producing software test reports.
- Experienced in the development of requirements traceability matrices from a system level down to the software level.
- Experienced with planning and performing regression testing on software applications.
- Experienced using a requirements management and control tool such as DOORS
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Experience with one or more automated testing tools such as Rational Functional Tester, Visual Studio Test Professional, or HP Sprinter.
- Linux, networking, virtualization
- Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) a plus