SAIC has a great opportunity for a Senior SharePoint Database Administrator! This candidate will have an opportunity to configure, maintain, and administer SharePoint, SharePoint Online, MS Power BI platform, and MS SQL Server. We are seeking a talented systems engineer and administrator to deploy, patch, secure, administrate, integrate, test, update, and support customers across a SharePoint, SharePoint Online, Power BI Premium licensed, Azure Cloud hosted enterprise and help drive best-in-class adoption and develop methods for improving customer experience in utilizing Power BI data and reporting services. Experience with other Microsoft Power Automate, and Dynamics 365 tool suites also valued.
- Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013/2016, SharePoint Online, and later services, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis. Install and configure SharePoint software and related components at the server level, including SQL Server, web server and application server.
- Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management with SQL Server, Oracle, and BI.
- Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements.
- Builds power BI reports.
- Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses.
- Managing the functionality of features such as Search, view the Audit Log Reports, work with site collection policies, manage the site collection caching, and activate or deactivate Site Collection features.
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (upgraded versions, patching, and integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
- Perform typical system administrative activities such backup, restore and issue resolution.
- Manage the content creation/publishing between development, test, and production
- Implement, administrate, and support Microsoft PowerBI and PowerApps services.
- Responsible for providing full lifecycle Power BI administration (i.e. patches, updates, AD security, account management, capacity management, procedures documented) including the ability to work with data owners and report developers to support their needs in the best way possible.
- Meet with the customer to review website and application requirements.
- Configure customer SharePoint systems to specified requirements.
- Debug server issues and assist with the issue resolution.
- Troubleshoot website interface, integrated components, performance, and software stability.
- Provide systems training and knowledge transfer when requested/needed.
Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Requires BS / BA in a computer science or closely related field and nine (9) years of experience.
- At least 5 years working with MS PowerBI, PowerShell, Office 365, and Power BI Services.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a SharePoint and SQL Server administration using SharePoint Online/O365 and SharePoint on Premise 2013/2016.
- Knowledgeable and experienced on how to grow and integrate Power BI services by designing and deploying workspaces, data models, app tiers, gateways, report services, dashboard support, Teams integration, and Mobile app deployment is preferred.
- Ability to configure data gateways for access to multiple data sources across the enterprise.
- Serve as subject matter, providing content to enablement resources for user training and self-service instruction. Develop, modify, and enhance Microsoft Tabular-based data cubes.
- Experience in client interaction and understanding business application, business data flow and migration from SP 2010 or 2013 to 2016.
- Experience in SharePoint tools, SharePoint forms, workflows, SharePoint Online framework, building sites in hybrid environments, and administration.
- Experience with Application Server, middleware integration, and COTS product
- integration preferred.
- Working knowledge of supporting applications Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo).
- Must have experience working in an Agile development team.
- Strong business acumen, though leadership and communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, multitask, and manage time appropriately.
- Results oriented, independently driven, self-motivated with advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Track record of delivering results, setting strategy, and leading a large volume and high-profile customer; including influencing stakeholders and working in cross-functional projects.
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast passed environment-figuring it out and adapting as you go.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communicator, ability to concisely communicate complex information.
- Ability to create original documentation, to include Architectural and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Previous experience with supporting Federal Government customers preferred.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
- Must be U.S Citizen
- Must successfully pass a drug screening.
- Must pass background investigation for a Public Trust.
- Current or Equivalent Microsoft SharePoint Online/Power BI Cert
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.