SAIC’s has an opening for a Director of Financial Planning Analyst (FP&A) that will report to the Sector Finance Vice President. This position will drive timely financial analysis, forecasting and identification of actions for business performance in line with long-term plan targets and within financial risk limits for a Sector with ~$5B in annual revenue.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Act as a strategic partner to the Sector Finance VP and Business Unit Finance Directors to ensure alignment of financial and business strategy, focusing on initiatives that drive growth for the Business Units and Sector.
- Drive value through continuous improvement in the forecasting process and accuracy of the forecasts.
- Utilize accurate and relevant information on financial performance to aid in the decision making of the Sector
- Support strategic initiative (e.g., liaise with Sector Management, Business Unit General Managers and Finance Directors to aid in the shaping of the portfolio, support M&A and divestiture decisions) and support M&A integration
- Identify and drive margin improvement in support of sustained profitable growth
- Mentor and develop FP&A team; ensure best in class performance
- Measure core initiatives across business development, capture, and program management teams, and model ROI in each area
- Maximize cash conversion and drive net working capital forecasting across the Sector
- Ability to work with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify and take ownership for executing solutions to complex problems
- Ability to balance short-term and long-term strategic objectives (e.g., balancing the Business Unit forecasts to mitigate Sector risk)
- Ability to develop strong talent
- Strong knowledge of how value is created in the Sector, and how that value ties to the overall enterprise
- Strong understanding of financial planning, analyses, and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or similar field and at least 18 years of relevant experience working in the federal and/or commercial technology market
- Advanced degree preferred: MBA, or relevant Master’s Degree
- Experience working with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management tools
Target salary range: $195,001 - $205,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.