The selected individual will provide dedicate2 assistance in the preparation, review, revision and maintenance of technical documents to support the unit’s mission. Writes and edits technical documentation for all supported organizations activities. Creates documentation for operations; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities – Standard Operating Procedures; provides field, data definitions and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources. Additional duties include tracking and monitoring tasking and utilizing automated data systems and research tools to meet deadlines.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Six (6) years of experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Understanding of basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), ability to be responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Ability to gather technical information, and prepare written text.
- Ability to maintain a current internal documentation library.
- Skilled in use of multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Must understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Must be self-starter capable of working tasks to completion without direct immediate oversight.