SAIC is looking for an Electrical Engineer to support us in San Diego, CA. The Electrical Engineer Position will support the development, integration, testing, and technical documentation of maritime surveillance systems and will support the development, integration, and testing of electronics payloads for unmanned surface vehicle (USV) platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to analyze high-level problem statements and develop conceptual solutions for consideration during team discussions; develop detailed, viable, engineering solutions from conceptual designs; generate technical documentation packages, including fabrication drawings, analysis packages, and technical briefs; interface with vendors to identify Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) components; integrate components or subsystems into system assemblies; conduct component-level lab tests and system level operational at-sea tests; generate test plans and document test results; and thrive in a dynamic, team environment.
Job duties may include:
- Design, analysis and development of electrical and electronic systems
- Design, analysis, and testing of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs)
- Design, analysis and development of cable and connector assemblies
- Design, analysis, and development of power systems
- Design and specification of underwater cable assembly components based on stated operational/functional needs.
- Design, analysis, and development of control systems, including signal processing and filtering, system logic development, and integration
- Design, analysis, and development of sensor packages
- Design, configuration, and programming of microprocessors
- Development of system wiring diagrams
- Integration and assembly of electro-mechanical systems
- Test and evaluation of maritime surveillance systems, including development of test plans and test reports.
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development
- Interfacing with vendors to identify COTS components to meet system requirements
- Interfacing with vendors to solicit fabrication quotes for and initiate procurement of custom components.
- Active participation in team brainstorming and technical review meetings.
Education and experience:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field and 5 years experience; or nine (9) years of experience without a degree.
- At least 5 years of electrical engineering experience
- Experience using Altium or similar program for PCB design
- Experience with C++, Python, ROS, or related software languages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.