SAIC is hiring a Principal IT Security Administrator to support one of our contracts while working from home providing support to the division based out of Augusta, Georgia.
This job is 100% remote / work from home / virtual.
- Provides Tier-2 technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to endpoint security software and security features enabled within the Windows 10 operating system.
- Responsible for responding to, documenting, and resolving incident tickets in a timely manner according to SLAs.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills enabling them to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to the appropriate resolver.
- This position supports deployment and system policy management of multiple security products from McAfee, Carbon Black, Microsoft, and others.
- Analyze and respond to security events from security data sources
- Interface with customers, service desk agents, and engineers in a polite, positive, and professional manner to resolve escalated technical issues
- Promptly handle incoming support calls and respond in a timely manner within documented SLAs to support tickets
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
- Resolve problems independently and follow documented escalation procedures
- Monitor systems to detect incidents or unauthorized/malicious activity
- Recommend improvements to procedures and guidelines related to support services
- Maintain technical knowledge and stay current on work related emerging technologies and industry best practices
- Identifying or investigating and escalating potential issues affecting IT security
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to IT or cyber security infrastructure such as: networks or Firewall or Virtual Private Network or Web proxies/gateways or Intrusion Detection & prevention systems or Host security systems
High School Diploma and 13+ years of experience; OR Associates and 11+ years of experience; OR Bachelors and 9+ years of experience; Masters and 7+ years of experience; PhD and 4+ years of experience
Minimum 3 years of SOC, InfoSec, or cybersecurity threat management related experience
Must be a US citizen
Top Secret clearance or higher is required
Valid CompTIA Security+ CE certification
Demonstrated familiarity with STIG requirements within DoD environment required
Experience performing vulnerability scans and providing remediation recommendations
Experience recommending and implementing technical change in IT organizations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be a team player
Life-long learner who enjoys staying current on emerging technologies
Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.