SAIC is seeking an Engineering Tech II in Hanahan, SC to support US SOCOM.
The work will be performed at the following location
7410 Magi Rd, Hanahan, SC 29410
- Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment.
- Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Collects, maintains, organizes, compiles, and manipulates technical data.
- Prepares engineering documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/flow charts/diagrams/schematics, etc.).
- Performs mathematical calculations per engineering specifications.
- Undertakes analyses of data where guidelines are provided.
- Considerable knowledge of the job.
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology, or formal electronics training from: Technical School, or Class A or B military school in electronics or communications.
- Three (3) years practical experience, to include: laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Five (5) years practical experience, to include: laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance.