SAIC seeks a mid-level network engineer for an existing contract supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Immediate fill. The work will be a combination of telework and onsite work at Fort Meade, Maryland, in approximately equal proportions overall, but varying from day to day. The candidate must be flexible in this regard.
Desired skills that may also be employed in the performance of this contract include:
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the engineering, application, and development of multiple operating systems.
- Analyzes computer software and hardware requirements to provide integration and implementation support through the design and development of new systems at a highly technical level.
- Ensures that system are functioning according to design specifications. Analyzes and documents users' functional and data requirements.
- Develops site survey instruments to gather detailed user requirements and business process analysis data.
- Conducts functional user interviews to document functional, system, customization, and data requirements and data sources.
- Determines data requirements for internal processes and external interfaces.
- Develops new systems or tailors commercial products to meet user requirements.
- Collaborates with network architects, developers and systems administration support staff to map existing data structures and migrates legacy data to the new or tailored systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meets documented user requirements.
- Develops network architectural diagrams and documentation to describe system requirements and use.
- Provides technical support and diagnoses and resolves system and network problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications, as assigned.
The candidate must possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. May supervise others.
- The candidate must possess 3-7 years of experience in a relevant field to the requirement. A bachelor's degree in a field relevant to the requirement is a plus.
- Strong VMWare / VMWare administration with virtualization background.
- Strong cloud technology background, including especially experience with AWS.
- Strong experience in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Minimum active Security+ CE or equivalent
- Active Secret clearance
Stongly Desired Skill/Experience:
A successful candidate will possess most or all of these:
- AWS Certifications
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting switches and routers from a variety of vendors (Cisco, Telcom, etc.).
- Experience in cloud migration.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.