Definitive Logic seeks an experienced, mid-level Teradata Data Warehousing Programmer to develop analytical solutions in support of web-based application development. You will be actively involved in designing and developing reporting and analytic solutions based on Teradata tools/technologies, pulling data from a variety of distributed source systems. You will work on a small and very productive development team dedicated to building and delivering high-quality software for a federal government agency seeking to advance their analytical and reporting capabilities.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, and maintain database and ETL solutions to acquire and prepare data for reporting, BI dashboards, and custom applications.
- Work closely with the team to develop routines leveraging Teradata utilities and custom SQL and workflows to collect data from multiple data sources based on mapping specifications
- Assist with the design and development of custom applications and reports based on your understanding of the data and databases.
- Create and maintain database scripts that automate routine tasks (e.g., create/alter tables, database deployments, etc.).
- Document processes and procedures to facilitate database maintenance and to communicate the technical details of the solution implemented.
- Provide added value to the analytics tasks such as cleansing, validating, or transforming data with the purpose of drawing meaningful conclusions from the data, and conveying those conclusions in form of charts, graphs, tables, reports, documents, etc.
- Work in an agile manner using Scrum.
- Track work using a ticket/issue system (e.g., JIRA).
- Use version management and issue tracking software to manage and document all changes.REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree (computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline strongly preferred).
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- DoD Secret clearance from the federal government
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with Teradata databases
- Experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing and Support of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Solutions and ETL data pipelines
- Proficient in writing complex SQLs, expertise in performance tuning of SQL
- Hands on experience in database and table design
- Experience with Teradata BTEQ Scripting
- Experience with Teradata load utilities, data loading tool stack TPT, FastLoad, MLoad, TPump
- Knowledge of BI, Data Warehousing and Teradata architecture is a plus
- Experience with Data Modeling and Tools (e.g., ERWIN)
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Git) and configuration management processes.
- Ability to estimate development tasks accurately and meet agreed-upon deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and be accountable to the team for progress.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple work streams.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
Definitive Logic is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges.
We are a Small Business based in Arlington, VA which delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture has consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2021 Washington Post Top Work Places (7-time winner) | 2021 Virginia Best Places To Work (8 years running, #1 midsize in 2019)