We are hiring for a REMOTE Java Developer to support an existing project team for Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. We are seeking a junior level Java Developer to maintain and enhance web-based applications with many new capabilities planned. You will be actively involved in designing and developing a reporting and analytics web application based on Java tools/technologies, standard web languages, and several frameworks/libraries. You will work on a small and very productive development team dedicated to building and delivering high-quality software for a federal government agency seeking to advance their analytical capabilities.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with clients and development team to elicit, refine, and clarify requirements.
- Solve complex problems with a unique systems approach.
- Design web-based solutions in support of business requirements.
- Plan, prioritize, and execute in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Work in an agile manner using Scrum.
- Track work using a ticket/issue system (e.g., Jira).
- Document software development processes and user guides.
- Use version management and issue tracking software to manage and document all changes.
- Deploy code using automated build tools (e.g., Jenkins).REQUIRED:
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree (computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline strongly preferred).
- Understanding and experience with object-oriented software development.
- Strong knowledge and comprehension of web/software development best practices, frameworks, and libraries.
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Git, SourceTree) and configuration management processes.
- Ability to estimate development tasks accurately and meet agreed-upon deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and be accountable to the team for progress.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Experience creating and using RESTful APIs.
- Experience with USAF environments and systems.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals and/or Developer.
Definitive Logic is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges.
We are a Small Business based in Arlington, VA which delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture has consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2021 Washington Post Top Work Places (7-time winner) | 2021 Virginia Best Places To Work (8 years running, #1 midsize in 2019)