SAIC is looking for a new Network Engineer Principal to support their Chantilly, VA office. Join a high-performing Classified Engineering team using a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies to help shape Network & Infrastructure strategy for the organization by developing, deploying, and modernizing hardware, tools, techniques, and processes supporting SAIC’s most critical missions..
What our team does:
- Deploys, operates and maintains highly compliant networks and systems supporting diverse applications and functions at numerous levels.
- Implements baselines and releases of configurations to positively benefit compliance, uptime/reliability, and performance to meet business objectives
- Maintains concurrency with Government and organizationally-defined procedures, configurations, and baselines.
- Engages in problem resolution when needed to ensure tough issues are fixed, preventative actions are taken, and relevant knowledge is captured and shared across teams.
- Coordinates and manages vendors, suppliers, and providers to ensure operational objectives are met.
What our team Delivers:
- Highly deployable, highly sustainable, highly compliant hardware, software, and system-based solutions for our programs and customers supporting National Security & Defense missions
- CI/CD updates to Networks and Network Configurations in support of various customer compliance frameworks including RMF, NIST800-171/53, and specialized requirements
- Partnership and Support for Stakeholders, including Consumers and Operations teams, ensuring solutions are supportable and effective in meeting the mission objective.
- Collaboration, expertise and engagement in multiple Corporate Communities of Practice/Excellence in Technical and Non-Technical Domains.
- On-site deployment, engagement, and engineering support in controlled environments on a regular basis.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years' experience in Network Engineering, Administration, or a related role with applicable skills/experience.
- History working with, supporting, and deploying USG and DOD Networking concepts (e.g. SIPR, NIPR, EWAN, ICD) a must
- Must be able to meet/obtain an IAT level 2 or 3 certification within 6 months of hire.
- Additional or specialized experience may serve in lieu of Degree.
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain Secret or higher Security Clearance. Active TS/SCI Preferred.
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting Juniper, Cisco based network infrastructure. Experience managing encryption hardware, cabling infrastructure, etc. a plus.
- Experience with Network integration/automation solutions, automated configuration management, and/or the tools capable of supporting intelligent operations.
- Demonstrated history deploying and delivering complex IT solutions in close conjunction with Information Assurance and Governance Teams.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Networking Operations Tools, Processes, and Solutions (e.g. Solarwinds, IPAM, etc.)
- Security and Technical Domain coursework and certifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, CASP+, CISSP, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain, and communicate design artifacts including reference documents, architecture, workbooks, and implementation/administration guides.
- Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Familiarity with common Server and Workstation (Windows and Linux) commands and system configurations as needed to complete objectives.
- A passion for solving challenging problems and simplifying complex Engineering and Operational challenges by using all available resources including collaboration with teammates, SME’s and resources external and internal.
- Collaborative and engaging - willingness to appear on webcam in remote team meetings
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities, able to articulate and exchange complex ideas and technical concepts with teammates, stakeholders, and non-technical persons effectively
- Experience Provisioning and Managing Cloud Networking & Deployment of Cloud services in IL-5 or higher providers (e.g. AWS/Azure GovClouds)