SAIC is seeking a Senior Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join our team in Sterling Heights, Michigan to develop and conduct vehicle dynamics modeling, simulation, and analysis of systems and sub systems for current and next generation commercial and military ground vehicles.
- Conduct a range of modeling, simulation, and analysis in areas such as operational mission scenarios, maneuvers, and situational awareness
- Scope M&S architecture to include cloud based computing, physical integration labs, and virtualization to develop approach
- Develop and mature analysis software tools to meet need
- Provide technical expertise in the modeling and analysis of military vehicle systems and their broader system-of-systems architectures
- Conduct trade studies and comparative performance assessments of system and architecture alternatives to inform customer investment decisions/recommendations
- Development of virtual vehicle and subsystem models
- Setup virtual vehicle test runs analyzing parametric values weight, CG, tire pressure, driveline locks, track tension etc.
- Analyze and report on results using M&S data processing tools and efficient processing techniques
- Communicate technical approach and status to senior management and customers
Bachelor’s Degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Knowledgeable in automotive fundamentals and vehicle systems
- Strong technical background in vehicle and robotic mechanics and dynamics
- Experience with MATLAB, STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
- Experience with CREO or similar CAD tools, including experience with 3D scanning tools and software for generating point clouds, surface models, and parametric CAD geometry
- Experience with ANSYS, Nastran or similar general purpose FEA software packages
- Experience with ADAMS, DADS, or similar dynamic analysis software packages
- Familiar with Dytran, LS-DYNA, or similar software packages for analyzing complex nonlinear behavior
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively create solutions to address Customer needs
- Contribution to the preparation of presentation materials, white papers, proposals as to support growth initiatives.
Candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.