Seeking a junior- to mid-level software test engineer to join a team of software, test, and systems engineers who develop, test, and maintain the Joint Network Design Aid (JNDA) software. JNDA is a Windows-based desktop application used to design Link-16 networks and generate output files. Candidate would work on a small agile Scrum team in a largely self-directed environment.
- Write automated test scripts using the Java programming language and the IBM Rational Functional Tester software
- Develop test criteria and test steps to ensure software is functioning properly
- Coordinate with developers to report bugs and provide feedback
- Execute regression tests regularly and report issues as soon as they are encountered
- Investigate test failures and document clear steps to reproduce them
- Participate in Scrum events: sprint planning, sprint review/demonstration, daily tag ups
Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of experience; 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Programming experience with languages such as Java, C++, or Python
- Ability to think critically and logically
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment
- Software testing experience
- Experience with IBM Rational Functional Tester and/or IBM Rational Quality Manager automated testing tools
- Experience developing or testing software user interfaces
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Subversion or Git
- CompTIA Security+, A+, or Network+ certification
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.