SAIC is seeking a Cloud Engineer/System Administrator with network focus to work on a dynamic, energized team on a leading edge technology program with an exciting mission critical to national security objectives. The successful candidate will provide Cloud and Networking expertise in several different networks, including development networks. Strong customer service, prioritization, and communication skills are essential to enable collaboration with other teams. Virtualization and Cisco networking experience is preferred but not required.
- Design, create and maintain Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) between the customer network and other cloud and on premise environments.
- Lead the configuration and implementation of required VPCs, subnetting, route tables, internet gateways, elastic IPs, Nat gateways associated with the customer cloud network.
- Maintain and build scripts to manage the customer cloud infrastructure and server instances.
- Develop network architecture designs to support current and future expanding business requirements.
- Support IA activities associated with obtaining IA approvals for the customer cloud environment.
- Assist in the configuration and on-going scanning of switches.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft Windows Server Servers (2016 and 2019) on physical and virtual operating environments
- Migrate or 2016 to 2019
- Maintain backup and restore for the Windows servers
- Patch Windows servers and implement security controls as needed
- Work with Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, File share, email, DNS and DHCP services
- Monitor Enterprise system, perform log management and event analysis via various tool sets, current and future.
- Provide Windows desktop support (Windows 7/10)
- Configure and implement Storage Area Network (SAN) devices
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Provide guidance to the team and management to achieve goals in accordance with established policies
- Represent organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Work directly with stakeholders and Project Management team to coordinate planning, design, installation, and support\upgrades of new and existing technologies
- Interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Freedom to use ingenuity and creativity to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI with polygraph clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline or additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree with 9+ year of relevant experience
- Must have experience with VMware expansion and migration of Windows services to a virtual environment
- Must have experience with PowerShell, Batch, Visual Basic scripting
- Work well independently and in a team environment and has a willingness to cross train skills with other team members to create a more diverse technically competent team.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Amazon Certifications are desired: Certified Solutions Architect (Assoc or Professional), DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Puppet, Terraform, Rundeck
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Docker
- TCP/IP networking familiarity, experience.