SAIC is seeking an experienced, Software Engineer to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team working on a cutting edge program in support of national security objectives. The candidate must have direct experience working in C2S designing, developing and testing complex software systems and must have deep knowledge of software engineering and the software development lifecycle. The successful Software Engineer will apply their hands-on experience with Confluence, JIRA, and GitLab (or equivalent code repo), as the candidate will lead the configuration and management of these tools in support of the program. Additionally the candidate will lead the automation of the account management processes, and work closely with industry partners to ensure that proposed solutions and development activities align with customer equities and strategic direction.
- Configure and manage JIRA, Confluence and GitLab and the integration of these tools with Active Directory
- Lead the configuration and use of Splunk, ACAS and additional tools focused on the proactive monitoring and management of cloud environments
- Assist with user support activities
- Assist in establishing continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- Must have active TS//SCI security clearance with polygraph
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, along with industry certifications
- Minimum 14 years of experience, with a significant amount of software development experience
- Experience working in the C2S environment
- Hands-on experience with JIRA, Confluence, GitLab, Splunk, ACAS, and/or comparable security monitoring tools
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) deployment practices
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies and tools
- Comfortable working a fast-paced, results oriented environment using scaled agile development methodology
- Highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges
- Self-driven, able to take ownership of tasks and champion efforts to drive solutions
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment, effectively and efficiently
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Outstanding client service skills and ability to present ideas in a user-friendly manner
- Strong attention to detail.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Amazon Certifications are desired: Certified Solutions Architect (Assoc or Professional), DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Puppet, Terraform, Rundeck
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Docker
- TCP/IP networking familiarity, experience.