SAIC is seeking an experienced systems administrator in support of a managed services engagement for a major Public Sector account. The selected candidate will be the primary technical resource for Linux Systems Administration. Performs day-to-day operational maintenance, administration, support, patching and upgrades for servers running the Red Hat Linux operating system. This position requires the ability to assist with the architectural, engineering, administration of the Linux infrastructure, as well as participate in the change management and incident response processes. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related layered software packages. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Develops, implements, promotes and documents standard operating procedures and schedules. Incumbent in this job works closely with Middleware, Database, and Network teams to troubleshoot issues, implement changes, and deploy release packages.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have experience administrating and managing servers and systems, specializing in RHEL 6 and RHEL7 operating systems
- Must possess a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent.
- Experience with Azure or AWS Cloud Environments
- Experience with production environments.
- Be well-versed with scripting of Bash, PERL, Ruby, and Python
- Should be a strong team player with knowledge of Java, Tomcat, and JBoss software applications
- Solid troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be available to participate in on-call work on a reoccurring basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of authentication functions and protocols such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory
- Experience with Windows Servers
- Conceptual knowledge of Storage systems (SAN/NAS)
- Must be able to pass the California Department of Justice and FBI background check process