SAIC currently has a job opening for a Subcontracts Analyst II in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Candidate will procure goods, services, and software (cloud and license) as well as administer purchase orders of moderate dollar value, risk, and complexity and will report to the Procurement Manager.
Only candidates within the Oak Ridge/Knoxville, TN area will provided telework options.
Primary Job Duties:
- Prepare documentation for both competitive and sole source solicitation(s) of professional services, software/software-as-a-service, and goods supporting corporate functions of SAIC.
- Issue and administer life cycle of purchase orders in support of SAIC internal corporate requirements.
- Responsibilities include the development and negotiation of favorable pricing, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and other contract types, ensuring consistency with end-user requirements and procurement policies/procedures.
- Review software license agreements in collaboration with ancillary internal departments.
- Supplier management, including negotiating price, terms and other contract provisions.
- Purchase order administration and maintenance; Closeout of procurement related activities.
- Supplier analysis: Review supplier viability, address factors affecting price, determination for lowest cost or best value to meet defined requirements or statement of work and schedule.
- Make supplier recommendations to internal organizations based on internal and market research.
- May also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures.
- Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institute and five (5) years of related experience OR a Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years or more of related experience. Degree in Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across several levels of staff and customers/vendors.
- Strong team player.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Easily learns web-based applications with training and support.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Previous experience purchasing goods and services, including firm fixed price type professional services.
- Previous contract administration experience.