SAIC is looking for an entry-level candidate to join our Contract Services Division at SAIC's Shared Services Center in a Contracts Support III position. Candidate will apply their existing fundamental skills, be provided on the job training and acquire any missing knowledge, experience and skills to perform the job proficiently. Candidates local to Oak Ridge, TN may be considered for remote possibilities.
- Interpreting and analyzing contracts to create new Contract System records.
- Updating existing records as modifications are executed.
- Revising contract records as requested by the Contract Representatives.
- Entering new or negate Special Project Authorizations.
- Occasionally completing Customer Master Maintenance transactions.
- Contributing to department deadlines and goals.
- Working with individual contract representatives to obtain additional documentation or clarification as necessary.
- Assist corporate contracts with special projects from time to time.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED equivalent and five (5) years of related experience; OR Associate's degree from an accredited institution and one (1) year or more of related experience. Degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- Strong attention-to-detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate successfully as part of a diverse team in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel, is required.
- Excellent communication, outstanding initiative, aggressive problem-solving and task management skills as well as excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to encourage, inspire and participate in teamwork.
- Prior Government contract experience, including familiarity with FAR and DFAR, is preferred.
- Clear understanding of all contract types and possess the ability to read and interpret contractual documents.