SAIC is seeking an individual for a Data Scientist role to join the Artificial intelligence horizontal business unit within Strategy, Growth and Innovation (SGI). This position can be worked remotely. The successful candidate will have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results by creating and operationalizing data science and artificial intelligence products and solutions in support various customer missions within the Federal Government and other Public Sector organizations. You would support a variety of programs including but not limited to customer programs, IRAD projects and bid and proposal work.
The Data Scientist role will work in a collaborative team-focused environment with technical understanding and practical application in prototyping, designing, and integrating niche tools which will be used in an analytical environment. This position will help progress, establish, incorporate, and advance current and promising concepts to inform tactical decision-making timelines. Your role is to provide needed technical knowledge in the areas of Predictive Analytics, AI/ML, Deep Learning Robotic Process Automation and Edge Computing to develop algorithms, support modeling and simulation efforts and provide data analytic skills to conduct a variety of analytical projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct analysis of mission data applicable in multiple domains
- Formulate and interpret problems in mathematical or computational terms
- Design, develop, use, and evaluate mathematical models, methods, and algorithm application to explore concepts and solve problems for the customer
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software algorithms (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel process development, manipulation of large data sets)
- Research analysis products and tools for possible integration to enhance Analytics and AI offerings
- Create new tools and applications using a variety of software languages, frameworks, and libraries
- Improve, support, and test a Modeling & Simulation framework to support other team member’s analysis work
- Refine and enhance existing applications to better meet the customer’s mission
- Code, test, and maintain internally developed mathematical software tools
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and eigtheen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience.
- Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge of providing data analytics solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C/C++, Java, .NET on windows and UNIX systems as appropriate
- Hands-on experience creating algorithms and engineering tools for data processing and modeling and simulation
- Practical understanding in modeling and simulation with a focus on optimization, including theoretical and numerical methods for analysis of current and future systems
- Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges
- Capability to distill complex problems into digestible structures/formats
Clearance not required to apply. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance upon employment.