SAIC is seeking a Network and Systems Administrator to join a software development team under a Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) contract in Washington D.C. The candidate will manage the continuous operation of servers, network and related infrastructure supporting the information systems. Duties include installing new software releases, patches, and updates, as well as managing the overall configuration to ensure it is up to date and the required security controls are properly implemented.
This position can be worked remotely in the DCMV area, but will require around 10% attendance in the Washington D.C. customer office.
- Assist in the effort to provide secure, stable, and scalable solutions in mainly Windows OS and some Linux OS
- Design, implementation, configuration, and administration of Windows and Linux operating systems to support various applications
- Design, implementation, configuration, and administration of domains, sub domains, domain controllers, DHCP, DNS, AD, WSUS servers, RDP, RDS, Certificate Authority, VMWare, Hypervisor
- Design, implementation, configuration, and administration of small multi-tiered network with Cisco ASAs, WAPs, and network switches
- Configure, monitor, and maintain virus protection software (McAfee ePo/HBSS), network and application scanners (Tenable Nessus, AppDetective), server logs
- Ability to work independently to overcome and solve problems with environment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field and 6 years of experience
- At minimum must have an interim Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance as well as DHS suitability clearance
- Experience with maintaining VMware ESXi hosts, HyperVisor, Docker, or related Virtual Machines technologies
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining client network infrastructure, including Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls in an IT environment
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Server 2019/2016/2012, domain controllers, AD, DNS, DHCP, sub domaining, self-signed certificate management, WSUS, KMS
- Experience with configuring and hosting containers (Docker) in cloud environment
- Experience maintaining a secure production environment
- Understanding of troubleshooting and resolving system issues on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for administration tasks
- Understand multiple systems and areas of functionality in a dynamic environment
- Desire and ability to own problems and solve them
- Team player with excellent communication skills and positive attitude
- Ability to manage assignments independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate status and urgency information using telephone and email
- Flexible, versatile, and adaptable to day-to-day activities
- Experience with AWS Cloud or similar
- Experience with supporting development teams and tools
- Experience supporting and the administration of development tools: Jira, SVN, Git, and more.
- Experience supporting and automating tasks using scripts, Chef, Jenkins, and other methodologies.