SAIC is searching for a senior Missile Electronics Engineer to support the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Program efforts and provide Ground Systems engineering support directly related to the Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) project office electronics design engineering, guidance and navigation technologies and engineering documentation. The selected candidate will support GBI development and delivery activities in accordance with the standard Systems Engineering Lifecycle of a program.
What you will execute:
- Execute product-engineering functions focusing on the avionics packages, power, grounding, and guidance and navigation technologies – evaluating designs, requirements, survivability, and failure-review process.
- Support Systems Engineering Milestone Reviews, boards and working level meetings by assisting in developing agendas and content, comprehending action items, and assisting in resolving issues as required, tracking actions to completion, providing meeting summaries, capturing lessons learned and any other duties as needed by the Government Customer.
- Review proposed requirements changes in higher level specifications for impacts to the Ground System (GS) baseline.
- Review peer/counterpart specifications for consistency with GS baseline on sensors, C2BMC, and GBI performance specifications/interface specializations to ensure peer/counterpart documents accurately reflect the GS baselines.
- Perform systems engineering for Integration at the Element and Component Levels in accordance with the GM Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) and Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP): Perform Systems Interface Integration and system timing analysis; Support Warfighter coordination and integration; Work with component developers to review and assess verification plans for GS and GBI components including support equipment, facilities, and interfaces to other system elements; Work with component and product developers to review and assess plans and processes for conducting design/critical Component/Product issue resolution.
- Apply critical thinking analytical/engineering skills and problem-solving methodology to assigned tasks, to identify the problem, determine courses of action, develop paths ahead for task completion, and formulate recommendations.
- Assist in the development of Executive level briefings, papers, and other correspondence,
- Support the Government Integrated Product Team by representing the interests of the Customer in working group forums, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and any other forums required by the customer.
- Identify, define and characterize development-related programmatic and technical risks, provide the evidence-based rationale for this and recommend mitigation for informed management decisions.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related technical field
- 10+ years of related experience preferably with MDA engineering programs
- Electrical engineering experience in the area of avionics and/or weapon system electrical systems
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Technical writing and presentation development capability
- Secret Clearance/Must be able to obtain Top Secret
Potential for Telework
- MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related technical field
- MDA engineering and interface requirements
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.