SAIC is seeking a Technical Help Desk II at the US Naval Station in Naples, Italy to support the Navy's Service Management, Integration and Transport Program.
- Responsible for assisting Level 1's( L1's) with escalations and technical questions from first level technical support through phone, email and chat support, in order to resolve technical end user service and support requests.
- Communicate with customers at all levels of technical and non-technical skills sets. L2s also provide technical coaching and training as things change in the environment.
- Assist in the operation when ticket volume is high and the service desk is experiencing heavy customer demand. L2s may be the first point of contact for all technical support service requests.
- These are requests for support for technical/IT issues involving desktop and laptop application software or network services from local personnel or from employees using remote network access.
- L2s support the L1s and receive elevated complex and/or high priority problems that L1s cannot resolve. Diagnose and troubleshoot end user desktop application issues and provides appropriate solution.
- Follow-up with end users to provide status updates as per service level guidelines (SLA's).
- Perform minor account management and maintenance for various applications and systems (e. g., creates or modifies user accounts and permissions, and performs password resets).
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management Work collaboratively with people across the organization Support for PCs, laptops, printers, cell phones, and tablets etc.
- Support end users in their use of applications such as Microsoft Office, ERP, CRM, VPN, Citrix, and MDM (mobile device management) including install, modification and repair Qualification.
Required Education and Experience
- AA + 1 years’ experience, or High School Diploma or equivalent 2 years’ experience
- Current Certification: CompTIA A+ CE, Network+ CE or Security+ CE certification. or ITIL v3/v4, or HDI Support Center Analyst
- Active DOD Secret Clearance or a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance, prior to hire.
- 18 months+ experience working in a IT Service Desk/inbound Call Center environment
- Experience using ITSM Ticketing tools (e. g. Service Now, Remedy) or similar ticketing systems to manage and track incidents.
- Strong knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
- Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
- Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, networks, databases and network security concepts and tools is required Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office application suite including MS Outlook
- Solid analytical/cognitive skills to troubleshoot complex and technical problems.
- Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer's issues
- Able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally, with key stakeholders, leadership, partners, team members, other organizations, and customers.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Strong desire and enthusiasm to serve customers Basic knowledge of ITIL, Service Desk metrics/SLA s, and mobile device support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills