SAIC is seeking a Chief Network Engineer who will design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- This individual will provides technical architectural design, managerial, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems with in the network infrastructure.
- Will lead resolution efforts and maintains high network availability. Evaluates and makes changes as appropriate to proposed network designs to ensure ease of installation, support and recoverability.
- Evaluate, review and if appropriate, implement recommendations for improvements to existing network procedures and documentation for efficient and cost effective delivery of highly available network service.
- Provides technical advice on major projects to ensure continued delivery of high performance data networks.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience or more; Masters and 10 years of experience or more; or 16 years of related experience.
- Must have a minimum of 12 years of related experience as a subject matter expert in architecting complex networks, utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), MPLS, VPN technologies.
- Must be an expert in routing and switching and have extensive experience designing and deploying Cisco enterprise networks.
- Must possess a CCIE certification or possess multiple advanced networking certifications or relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.