Join a high-performing Classified Systems Engineering team using a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies to help shape Systems & Infrastructure strategy for the organization by developing, deploying, and modernizing hardware, tools, techniques, and processes supporting SAIC’s most critical missions..
What our team does:
- Deploys, operates and maintains highly compliant, converged systems supporting diverse applications and functions at multiple security levels
- Implements baselines and releases of configurations to positively benefit compliance, uptime/reliability, and performance objectives
- Maintains and enhances Government and organizationally-defined procedures, configurations, and baselines.
- Engages in problem resolution to ensure tough issues are fixed, preventative actions are taken, and relevant knowledge is captured and shared across teams.
- Coordinates and manages vendors, suppliers, and providers to ensure operational objectives are met.
What our team Delivers:
- Highly deployable, highly sustainable, highly compliant hardware, software, and system-based solutions for our programs and customers supporting National Security & Defense missions
- CI/CD updates to Configurations in support of various customer compliance frameworks including RMF, NIST800-171/53, and specialized requirements
- Partnership and Support for Stakeholders, including Consumers and Operations teams, ensuring solutions are supported and effective in meeting the mission objectives.
- Collaboration, Expertise and engagement in Corporate Communities of Practice/Excellence in Technical and Non-Technical Domains.
- On-site deployment, engagement, and engineering support in controlled environments on a daily basis.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years' experience in Systems Engineering, Administration, or a related role with applicable skills/experience.
- Experience managing storage, compute, network, and other infrastructures at various levels of convergence (traditional, converged, and hyperconverged) including expertise in Microsoft Windows, Linux (CentOS, RHEL), VMWare vCenter and vSAN, and related solutions.
- Proficiency designing, deploying, and managing network- and server-based applications and services and processes in Classified, Government, DoD or other similar environments.
- Must have or be able to meet/obtain an IAT level 2 or 3 certification within 6 months of hire.
- Additional or specialized experience may serve in lieu of Degree.
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain Active TS Clearance (SCI w/ CI Preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, harden and validate compliance across hardware, software, and application layers implementations to satisfy requirements e.g. NIST 800-53 and Secure Technical Implementation Guides.
- Experience identifying and developing integration/automation solutions, automated configuration management, or similar technologies (e.g. Ansible, Puppet/Chef, vRealize Suite).
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain, and communicate design artifacts including reference documents, architecture, workbooks, and implementation or administration guides.
- Familiar with designing, deploying, improving and maintaining Data Protection, DLP, and Backup technologies
- Experience Provisioning and Managing Cloud platform services in IL-5 or higher providers (e.g. AWS/Azure GovClouds) nice to have
- Previous experience maintaining path to production Infrastructure Labs.
- Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Security and Technical Domain coursework and certifications (e.g. CASP+, CISSP, VMWare Certification, etc.) preferred
- Enjoy solving challenging problems well and simplifying complex Engineering and Operational challenges by using all available resources including collaboration with teammates, SME’s and resources external and internal.
- Collaborative and engaging - willingness to appear on webcam in remote team meetings
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities, able to articulate and exchange complex ideas and technical concepts with teammates, stakeholders, and non-technical persons effectively