SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network WAN Engineer to join our team in Nevada!
As a member of the team you will be providing design, development, and authorization support to build an enterprise solution functions as a multilevel security (MLS) datacenter, test bed, and DevSecOps platform. You will be on the forefront of new technologies and concepts, and SAIC will design, build, test, operate and maintain this environment to support mission-specific applications in a MLS enterprise solution.
- Setup a virtualized laboratory and development environment based on defined requirements and best practices
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Establish, implement, and de-conflict IP addresses within established and customer-provided subnets
- Help manage network and data transport solutions
- Automates configuration management, including modernization of network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring, logs, patching, and updates).
- Test developed system for connectivity, access, and throughput.
- Assist with projects involving server, network, and cloud infrastructure support
- Develop testing plans to validate functionality of the environment.
- Operate and maintain the system environment.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of project requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; other work experience and certifications considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Experience with Static routing and OSPF/BGP dynamic routing
- Experience with MPLS/SDWAN networks
- TACLANE/GEM One experience
- Firewall and IDS/IPS configuration experience
- Experience integrating with Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Experience with QoS implementation
- Experience working with DISA and commercial carriers to design, size, and provision circuits
- Network TAP configuration (e.g. Gigamon) experience
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills (packet captures, Wireshark, MTU issues, etc.)
- Experience working with cable infrastructure
- Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
- One or more active certifications in the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer or other Palo Alto certifications
- Juniper Enterprise Routing and Switching Professional (JNCIP-ENT) or other Juniper certifications