Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure mission success.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based remote sensing systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Environmental Monitoring (EM) Enterprise programs in support of Enterprise Risk Management for the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support effective identification, mitigation planning, documentation and management of risks for DoD remote sensing systems. Candidate should have experience with system risk management activities, system acquisition, and the systems engineering lifecycle for space and ground systems (especially at SMC).
Major duties of the position include:
- Identifying, assessing, defining and coordinating risks and mitigation plans across all Remote Sensing capability areas.
- Documenting risks and opportunities within the Government compatible risk management tool
- Evaluating existing risk and opportunity management plans and supporting stakeholder accomplishment of planned activities
- Analyzing, proposing and managing proposed changes to existing risk and opportunity management process documents and training packages utilized by the customer
- Evaluating risks and opportunities managed by MW/EM programs and identifying any that should also be elevated for management at the System/Enterprise level
- Evaluating prime contractor risk and opportunity management efforts and ensuring the Government is properly represented and prepared to make program decisions associated with these risks and opportunities
- Analyzing new acquisition programs and projects and making recommendations regarding ways to manage the risk to facilitate future integration with existing systems under sustainment
- Analyzing new and existing acquisition programs to identify and manage cybersecurity and system protection risks
- Providing expert analysis to assess risk of ongoing and future changes involving SMC/RS systems and their interfaces with external systems.
- Supporting the development of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision-making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Space Force.
- BS in Math, Science or Engineering.
- 9+ Years of experience with space system risk and opportunity management
- Strong understanding of fundamental space system risk/opportunity identification, mitigation/capture planning and overall risk and opportunity management process
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Space Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems (especially at SMC).
- Experience in developing space and ground system risk and opportunity management plans.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.