Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure mission success.
The Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a systems engineer with experience leading program maturity readiness reviews for space system development toward critical program milestones. This individual will have experience in Department of Defense (DoD), NASA or comparable Space-Based systems development and deployment. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Systems including management & development of systems engineering products and processes to successfully develop, integrate and test a complex space-ground system, throughout the systems engineering lifecycle.
Major duties of the position include:
- Providing Government leadership for the planning and execution of enterprise readiness reviews leading up to program reviews e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc., throughout the system lifecycles.
- Coordinating with Government stakeholders and prime contractor to ensure that all system readiness activities are identified, scheduled and planned across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
- Defining review criteria at the enterprise level, to verify program readiness for key program milestones.
- Working with engineering staff to identify and resources needed to complete all engineering work leading up to review milestones.
- Developing and presenting readiness-related briefings, plans, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Space Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering.
- Strong, proactive leader who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- 15+ years of strong demonstrated space systems engineering leadership, with Space systems engineering project management experience.
- Knowledge of development lifecycle, project integration, schedule analysis and stakeholder processes.
- Candidate should have experience with Space and Ground systems (especially at SMC), space system acquisition, and systems engineering.
- Experience managing system readiness reviews.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/Space Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Ability to provide a wide variety of technical analyses, program management insight and thought leadership to a government customer.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Direct experience with DoD and/or NRO Space and Ground systems
- Direct experience with MW & EM Space & Ground Systems
- Active TS/SCI Clearance