SAIC is looking to hire a System Administrator to join the G-Army team located in Huntsville, AL.
- The candidate for this position will provide system administrative support to the U.S. Army Software Engineering Directorate.
- Candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of system hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Candidate will be expected to recommend solutions to technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Candidate will ensure that system hardware, operating systems and software systems adhere to project and organizational guidelines and standards.
- Candidate will be expected to follow established organization, project and operating procedures / processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
Clearance: Must be eligible for a Secret Security Clearance; US Citizenship required
- Working knowledge of Windows Server operating system
- Technical knowledge to answer routine technical questions and assist users in solving hardware/software problems
- Ability to apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Ability to install and configure new hardware and software items.
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to create installation and other technical documentation.
- Knowledge of .NET Framework, SQL and Visual Studio IDE.
- Good communication and collaborative skills across multiple projects is a must.
- Active Security + Certification required
- Ability to obtain Security + certification within 6 months of hire.