The National Security Group of SAIC is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Air Operations Center, Combat Operations Division (AOC/COD) operations and functions. To support exercises at the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) at Kirtland AFB, NM. The AOC SME will support four Virtual Flags (VF) annually, one involving coalition partners, specialize warfighter-focused-events (WFE), C2 weapons school training and other events with specialized training objectives. The SME will support planning meetings, develop and execute test plans, develop scenarios, and ensure internal systems are functional prior to event execution. During execution, the SME will provide credible expertise in C2 mission areas for white force execution, operation of environment generators and virtual systems identified in government directions document (DD). The SME will be familiar with Air Operations Center support systems (PFPS/JMPS, MAAPTK, JADOCS, TBMCS, C2CORE, or any other ATO/ACO generation system), and participate in scenario review to ensure desired exercise learning objectives are achievable. When AOC response cell is unavailable, SME must be able to replicate AOC responsibilities in support of DMOC exercises.
The bomber subject matter expert. Experienced, bomber aircrew to work as part of an integrated engineering and operational SME team, to provide operational, tactical, and analytical expertise for the planning and execution of DMOC warfighter training, testing, and experimentation exercises/events. Additionally, this effort supports Live, Virtual and Constructive system development and operational exercise support within a synthetic battlespace
- Participate in Virtual Flag (or other exercises) scenario development and generation for the AOC weapon system to achieve desired learning, training, and operational objective, integrating Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Support the development of exercise Comber Plans Division (CPD) documents including Air Operations Directive, (AOD) Air Tasking Orders (ATO), Air Coordination Orders (ACO), coordination cards, communication cards, Master Scenario Event List (MSEL), SPINS, aircraft SCLS, etc.
- To the degree required, replicate AOC responsibilities focused on CCO, SODO, SADO, C2DO, SIDO, Airspace and DTC tasks in support of DMOC exercises.
- Coordinate support for, and execute system integration testing.
- Operate selected constructive simulators, within the DMOC, to support site/system integration and Virtual Flag/other exercise scenario executions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a military analyst with a Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or a related discipline; or three (3) years of experience with a Master’s Degree in Applied Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Military service related experience controlling and directing theater level forces.
- Understand exercise design, development and training principles associate with AFTTP mission threads.
- Familiar with ATOs, ACOs, SPINs, TNLs, ACP, AOD, RTL, JMSEL, etc.
- Familiar with TBMCS, C2Core, or any other ATO/ACO and force management tool
- Experienced with Mission Planning tools (PFPS, JMPS, Falcon View, etc.)
- Clearance Required: Active DOD Secret to start, ability to obtain TS/SCI once employed
- Graduate of the 505 CTS AOC Initial Qualification Training or an operational tour in an Air Operations Center, preferably as Chief of Combat Operations, Plans, or senior watch officer position.
- Mission Commander qualified/USAF Weapons Instructor Course Graduate
- DMO experience working with Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) assets
- Experience with environment generators (e.g. Next Generation Threat System (NGTS) and Distributive Information Warfare Constructive Environment (DICE))
- Familiar with C4I systems (GCCS, JDOCS, ADSI/JRE, etc.)
- Technical writing and test reporting