SAIC is seeking a motivated and dedicated Program Control Analyst within the Army IT/C5ISR Operation of SAIC’s Defense & Civilian Sector.
This position requires proven experience across project planning and control and variance analysis with a background in Federal procurement. Experience in financial planning and analysis is a plus. Candidate should be familiar with multiple program types (CPAF, CPFF, LOE, FPLOE, FFP, T&M, IDIQs, etc.) with varying degree of complexities.
Only candidates local to Northern VA, Huntsville, AL, or San Diego, CA areas will be considered for remote possibilities.
- Interface with program managers, SAIC’s finance, accounting, contracts, subcontracts, and procurement organizations, as well as external customers on a daily basis to address operational issues in a timely and effective manner
- Support cash flow improvement initiatives by maintaining detailed, complex invoice backup reports that drive customer invoice approvals
- Preparation of financial deliverables and internal/external reports to include invoicing backup
- Support development of Annual Operating Plan (AOP), quarterly forecasts, monthly latest revised estimates (LREs), and Estimates At Complete (EACs)
- Participate in the development of budgets (spend plans) for assigned programs and perform financial analysis on funding profiles and program financial variances
- Conducts cost, schedule, and contract performance variance analysis
- Submit and maintain purchase requisitions for subcontractors, consultants, and materials; monitoring subcontractor’s cost and review/approve of invoices
- Review and support Request for Proposals (RFPs), prepare pricing models and cost analysis
- Support other programmatic ad hoc requests, as needed.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a Finance or Accounting discipline with three (3) years or more of relevant experience in federal government contracting
- Experience in providing financial tracking and support for the government customer in areas of Program Control, Finance, Cost Estimating, Financial Analysis, or Accounting
- Demonstrate the ability to process and analyze large volumes of data in Excel and consolidate into management level reports
- Knowledge of general and corporate business practices, government contracting regulations and principles, and accounting and finance principles
- Complete understanding of financial analysis such as ROS, ROC, annual operating plans, accounts receivable, and revenue & profit forecasts, as well as an understanding of the preparation of program baseline data, EAC development, and cost estimating/pricing
- Can make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, accounting principles
- Well versed in the entire life cycle of a program from proposal development through contract close out
- Ability to balance long-term thinking with short-term execution
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), with advanced Excel skillset
- Ability to prioritize and work with supervision, be persistent in follow-through
- Must be able to multi-task and support program with efficiency and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Costpoint and Cognos