SAIC has an opportunity for a UNIX/Linux/Apache Tomcat Administrator to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
- Manage and maintain existing infrastructure, to include RHEL/UNIX/LINUX/AIX servers with a strong emphasis on Apache Tomcat; ensure systems and applications operate seamlessly.
- With advanced knowledge and appreciable latitude in decision-making, provide infrastructure support services for USACE operating systems, workstations, and servers in accordance with USACE’s cloud migration strategy.
- Coordinate, direct, and perform software installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and version currency and refresh of infrastructure and devices.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with most current vendor release levels.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels and cybersecurity standards.
- Monitor and maintain all hosted servers for potential-for-error conditions requiring preventive maintenance, and ensure ongoing security patch deployment.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Provide Apache webserver/website administration and integration support with application teams to ensure that the hosting platform can adequately and securely support the application configuration and workload.
Required Education and Experience:
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. Additional four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree
- CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have an Interim Secret clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: IAT-II (e.g. Security+)
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.