SAIC is seeking a Ground Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services in a Systems Engineering and Integration Office (SEIO) at a government location in Springfield, VA. As a SETA, he/she may work multiple ground system projects and related tasks with the expectation he/she will address broad, strategic issues (e.g. policies, concept of operations, stakeholder engagement) as well as tactical concerns (e.g., near-term schedules, testing, readiness reviews). He/she must be a self-starter who takes the initiative to address tasks and proactively identify risks, issues, and opportunities; assess, develop, and communicate recommendations for solutions or courses of action. The successful candidate will provide value-added judgement on a full spectrum of activities. The position requires a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical and non-technical support to ensure the system engineering processes are followed.
- Primarily support Chief Engineer and Deputy SEI leadership ensuring SEIO execution of SEI activities across the site.
- Ability to work independently to support multiple government customer and large, complex projects to ensure organization/directorate equities are managed from requirements development through system delivery.
- Ensure SE&I team adheres to site engineering process (NSIS, NRLI, site unique) throughout all phases of the lifecycle management process into operations.
- Collaborates with NRO directorates, organizations, and mission partners as necessary to ensure project requirements through delivery are understood by the sponsoring organization ensuring accurate, timely, and budgetary goals.
- Review and evaluates documentation (CONOPS, requirements, RFCs, FRDs, NIPDs, etc.) and provide feedback for multiple organizations at site and external partners.
- Help develop standards, tools, and procedures for use on projects including but not limited to issue risk, change and information management.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to multiple government customers, providing key information, possible risks and impacts and potential improvements to government managers and other points of contact.
- Coordinates with key project managers on a routine basis to evaluate contractor performance and provide written and oral feedback to governments points of contact consistent with findings and/or reviews.
- Coordinate with the site engineering team(s), reviewing site work flow and processes necessary to ensure that the site baseline is documented and managed to allow for future mission planning and growth.
- Ability to identify, generate and guide implantation of new or changes to SEI content/processes based on responsibility changes to D&Os, site roles, etc.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- STEM degree required (contract dictated)
- Direct and current experience with National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Full life cycle system engineering experience
- Working knowledge of NRO standards (NSIS,NBF SE&I 130 series)
- Project management experience with delivered systems
- GEOINT experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Articulate verbal and written communicator; confident in presenting and explaining recommendations & analyses to all levels of seniority
- Ability to operate effectively with contractor, SETA, FFRDC, and Government teammates
- Expert user in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio)
- Experience/familiarity with C2 systems and interfaces.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Agile method of development.