Description SAIC is seeking two Flight Test Engineers to support various NAVAIR Program Offices, including the KC-130T Flight Test Team and the MH-60R Flight Test Team. These positions will be located at Naval Air Station Patuxent River (NAS), which is the premier flight test center for Navy Air Craft in Patuxent River, MD.
- Positions will entail engineering support to Mission Systems test and evaluation activities including support for flight and lab test planning, coordination, execution, analysis, and reporting activities.
- In this role you will be expected to assess system development and integration for impact on test planning and test objectives.
- In this role you will also prepare flight cards, attend flight briefs/debriefs, support data reduction/analysis, identify and document deficiencies, and support flight test plan and test report preparation.
Bachelors degree in engineering or related engineering discipline with five (5) years of experience.
Interim Secret Security Clearance required prior to start date and must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Specific system experience with any of the following:
- Supporting KC-130T platform or MH-60R platform
- Navigation systems performance design and/or evaluation - particularly RNP/RNAV and ILS systems
- Navy’s navigation related cert/re-cert processes and exposure to the SPIRENT laboratory test tool
- Experience with Link 16 - particularly integration and system performance related experience
- Must enjoy working in a team setting and working with a team to write, excute, and report on test events.