Definitive Logic seeks an experienced IT Systems Administrator with at least 3 years of experience with enterprise operations in a high intensity production environment. Knowledge of deployment, configuration, and architecture of web applications and high availability systems is a plus. Ability to develop an architecture roadmap to address issues is also desirable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage infrastructure related to a project including on premise and/or cloud resources in a secure environment
- Manage Microsoft, SAP, and SQL Server virtual machines in a hybrid cloud environment
- Assist in the deployment of software releases and change orders on applications and environments
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting all infrastructure including reviewing continuous monitoring logs
- Creation of Standard Operating Procedures for continual changes to the environment
- Researching and resolving Action Requests
- Developing an architecture roadmap with AS-IS and TO-BE along with the necessary step to execute the plan
- Establish disaster recovery and backup plan in a cloud environment
- Communicate effectively with customers and other important stakeholders
- Meet with customers to work through issues and present future plans.
- Three years in an enterprise operations environment with production responsibility
- Five years of experience in system administration and/or engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field
- Experience with or knowledge of issue tracking and resolution
- Significant application architecture experience with Microsoft Azure or an on-premise Windows Server environment
- Experience in Linux/Windows system administration using scripts and GPOs
- Knowledge of open-source tools for development, containerization, and application servers
- Experience with IT best practices
- Excellent writing/documentation skills
- Ability to work independently or within small teams
- Significant experience troubleshooting complicated systems problems
- Experience researching and recommending technology solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral communication skills, including experience with customer interaction in a help desk environment
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- U.S. Citizenship Required with ability to obtain a public trust clearance
About Definitive Logic
- Experience with Veterans Affairs (VA) and VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC).
- Microsoft certification
Definitive Logic is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges.
We are a Small Business based in Arlington, VA which delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture has consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2021 Washington Post Top Work Places (7-time winner) | 2021 Virginia Best Places To Work (8 years running, #1 midsize in 2019).
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Recruiting@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-955-4861. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.