SAIC is seeking an Business Operations Manager to support the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) with oversight of the organization’s operations and mission execution as well as development of strategic communications and organizational change management plans. Duties include, but are not limited to: planning, communications and problem solving, office infrastructure management, executive assistance management, workflow management and prioritization, periodic reporting process, security, personnel management coordination, budget management, and research prioritization and communication.
A perfect candidate will have depth and breadth of knowledge to ensure the core operational functions of the staff (e.g., Legislative Affairs, Communications, Workflow, Personnel, etc.) are effective and successful in the day-to-day conduct of their jobs. The Operations Manager will be responsible to the Innovation Steering Group (ISG) in all aspects of providing vision, strategy, oversight and management to synchronize innovation efforts across the DoD.
This is an exciting position that requires close interaction with top department leadership within the Pentagon and across the Department of Defense (DoD) community, including Components, industry partners, academia, international partners, and associations to achieve mission goals and outcomes. The Operations Manager will help our customers solve complex problems; manage project communications, schedules, and workflow; strategically research and frame broad, multifaceted issues; and increase workforce productivity through process improvement.
- Develop, recommend, and implement modifications to current procedures and policies to improve efficiency
- Provide organizational management to include staffing analysis; support director-level organizational surveys (seek feedback from various DoD stakeholders); provide recommendations on staffing efficiencies to accomplish organizational goals.
- Gather information; articulate, analyze, and solve problems; visualize and present information; and provide decision support to achieve mission outcomes
- Create/manage communications for the enterprise, group, and individuals including meeting agendas, briefings, and meeting minutes
- Develop weekly reports on significant activities, report on the effectiveness of events and processes
- Assess impact of taskers and new laws/policy on the organization
- Support the development and tracking of taskers/action items assigned to the organization to facilitate timely senior leadership feedback and approval
- Support development of resource budgets (numbers of personnel required to accomplish tasks); coordinate with government Budget Financial Manager to track and assess organizational budget as it relates to ongoing projects
- Provide key knowledge management functions
- Evaluate and advise on the organization, methods, and procedures for providing administrative support systems such as records, communications, directives, forms, files,
- Organize and facilitate internal and external communications on a wide array of subjects including internal and external tasks, program reviews, meetings, congressional events, invitations, speaking events, and resources
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with ten (10) years of relevant experience; Masters eight (8) years of experience
- Strong leadership, problem identification/resolution skills, flexibility, initiative, and a proven ability to work with Senior Executives efficiently and effectively
- Experience writing white papers, briefings, correspondence, and reports
- Excellent organizational and teambuilding skills, good interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of JCIDS, PPBE process, POM cycle, and Adaptive Acquisition Framework
- Strong knowledge of OSD-level organizational structure and understanding of the National Defense Strategy and DoD Modernization areas