SAIC is seeking an outstanding individual contributor to work in a team environment with the ability to understand client business needs and strategic direction.
This individual will partner with client areas within United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Production and Conservation (FPAC) to understand their unique business needs and IT Investment details, providing aide and direction to ensure investments adhere to the guidance and standards set forth by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and USDA Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of budgeting, business cases, Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) and other Information Technology (IT) Governance-related disciplines.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience developing relationships with and communicating with multiple levels of IT and business staff. Working knowledge of financial management and project management techniques and methods is a plus.
Develop in depth knowledge of assigned client business areas and create enduring relationships with federal clients to become a trusted advisor providing ongoing support of investment management
In support of USDA Capital Planning Investment Control, develop investment artifacts
- Track capital investment business cases such as the performance and quality of operations, resources, project schedule and cost actual results and variance from planned, investment health status, and other factors or indicators
- Assist with definition and reporting of actual results for investment specific operational metrics
- Financial analysis of complex budgeting data
- Support FPAC and business units in defining, compiling and submitting annual IT budget requests
- Support FPAC and business units in documenting IT project goals, objectives, budgets, business cases and processes in support of IT projects
- Develop corrective action plans to address USDA OCIO investment scoring; partner with clients to remediate feedback items
- Provide support for the implementation and documentation of the Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process
- Bachelor's degree plus 6+ years Budget/Financial Management, Business Analysis, Project Management, Vendor Management or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given investment and perform all functional duties independently
- Ability to adapt communication style to effectively work with multiple levels within an organization
- The ability to determine course of action to solve various problems related to supporting a business case and a client organization.
- Knowledge of financial planning and analysis, budgeting
- Ability to pass a government background investigation for public trust positions