SAIC is seeking a dedicated and experienced Staff Officer to join our team. This position will provide on-site support to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's Technology Directorate (CIO-T).
Duties shall include:
- Perform oversight and day to day management with GPOC of overall CIO-T MET program activities & resources.
- Perform data entry into MET and DTS for all Senior Executive Travel; coordinate travel with SES, DISLs and their staff for dates, logistics of travel, and ensure travel reservations meet requirements
- Submit vouchers on behalf of SES and DISL employees.
- Assess current business processes related to the systems DTS and MET; recommend changes if needed.
- Provide direction and guidance in creation of plans, policies, and procedures in support of the program.
- Provide technical support for meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and video teleconferences supporting office communications relating to the MET and DTS tools.
- Assist in creating and implementing travel, training, and conference policies, processes, and procedures for MET and DTS to ensure mission continuity.
- Assist in developing communication tools and prodcuts to promote, educate, foster, and articulate the MET and DTS processes to the CIO-T workforce.
- Gather, recommend and manage the requirements for MET collaboratively with the FM MET Team.
- Manage the CIO-T MET Team email box to troubleshoot issues, educate users on common questions, and conduct functions as a MET Admin. Answer questions via phone and in person for technical support.
- Gather reports from MET and DTS systems for GPOC and CIO-T customers.
- Gather metrics as-needed for continual improvement and efficiency assessment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 11 years’ of experience supporting DoD Operations.
- At least 24 months applying knowledge of Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
- At least 11 years’ experience creating, optimizing, or monitoring corporate policies related to travel.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills with experience communicating with Senior Executives, General Officers, or Flag Officers or their staff.
- Experience leading engagements with multiple team members to complete tasks.
- At least 11 years’ experience using Microsoft Office products, with a specific emphasis on Excel and Outlook applications.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Completion of Management Concepts Joint Travel Regulations – TDY Workshop Course within 90 days of start.
- Proficiency on government systems e.g. Defense Travel Systems (DTS) and Management Execution Tracker System (MET).
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.