SAIC is seeking an Intermediate Java developer to join our team support of work taking place for our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This position will be supporting the U.S. Army PaYS Program. The candidate chosen will be working to write, maintain and enhance web applications as on the Java platform. This is a Remote / Virtual / Work from Home position.
- Provides support in specialized technology areas that can include, but is not limited to, elements such as: Web design, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, or maintenance.
- Assists with strategic or tactical planning to justify, market, or manage the technology needed for successful business operations.
- Support user training, as required.
- Contributes to or develops technical documentation.
- Contribute to technical presentations.
- Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Candidate must compile with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years’ experience. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Java programming experience with a minimum of 2 years java programming experience.
- Ability to interface with clients and understand requirements
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Experience with Object Oriented programming methods
- Experience working with web applications programming
- Knowledge of relational database systems to include basic knowledge of SQL
- Good foundational knowledge of computer science and algorithms
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance. An interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the security clearance for the qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.