SAIC is seeking an experienced Flight Software Development Engineer to provide assurance support Goddard Space Flight Center projects in Greenbelt, MD. If selected, you will be part of NASA GSFC technical software assurance engineers (SAEs) team who become embedded with NASA Software Product Development Teams and provide technical guidance from requirements analysis, design, implementation, acceptance testing / I&T, and operations/maintenance. As a part of this team, you would be collaborating on many NASA related well-known projects. This specific opportunity is high profile supporting SCAN and the NEN/SN, therefore, experience in ground systems, operations and maintenance is particularly useful for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Assess software architecture and design to ensure requirement allocation. Audit bi-directional requirements traceability from definition through implementation, V&V and I&T activities.
- Participate in Project milestone reviews, peer reviews, code and test reviews.
- Prepare written deliverables, such as software assurance plans for an assigned project, audit summary reports and PowerPoint presentations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills (i.e., ability to clearly, accurately, and efficiently communicate technical information to stakeholders at all levels)
- Ability to recognize what needs to be done and do it; result oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent organization skills to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with real time operating systems (e.g. RTEMS, vxWorks, FreeRTOS, etc.)
- Experience with developing C or C++ in real-time embedded systems
- Performing complex software system verification and validation ensuring that the software system design meets functional and performance requirements and complies with institutional standards, project requirements, and approved waivers.
- Evaluate test plans, test cases, and test artifacts for accuracy and completeness.
- Experience using software configuration management tools in an operational software team environment (such as Subversion, git, PVCS, etc.)
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.