SAIC is seeking a JR System Administrator, to support the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS Program. Location: New Orleans, LA
The System Administrator will possess the technical skills, experience to ensure the success and help the site supervisor daily with various technical needs that ensure the highest level of guaranteed service to USACE.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft (MS) Windows Server Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments.
- Assist in storage and data management, specifically file and folder permissions.
- Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
- Provide support for Active Directory (AD) accounts and groups, network storage, servers, and Exchange accounts.
- Primary escalation POC for local servers, storage, network, and telecom outages, projects, and Enterprise Operations issues.
- Follow documented processes and procedures and monitor ticketing system, district and divisional incidents and requests, and address local Service Delivery requirements.
- Work closely with other support personnel to provide top-tier support to on-site and remote personnel.
Required Education and Experience:
BA/BS Degree (4 additional years of experience can be substituted for degree)
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level II (example: Security+ CE)
- Travel may be required.
- Comprehension of NTFS file share permissions.
- Fundamental understanding of authentication mechanisms such as Kerberos and LDAP.
- Basic networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, SSH, OpenVPN)
- Must be an independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills.
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance